We have dirty white cement! Snow is currently glazed but still grippy and very firm. Lots of branches and debris down currently.
The plan is to clean up the trail this morning trying to remove all the big sticks and logs that are down. The test grooming we did this morning indicates that if we go over it this afternoon we should then have hero snow. Only question now is how much snow will fall before the race. Flurries right now. A few miles towards the lake is supposed to get 1-6″ and a few miles inland is less than 1″.
UPDATE: from the trail, faster than summer conditions if the snow holds off? Sun wants to peak out so things look really, really good for “best of year” candidate conditions.